Weight lifting remains one of the best ways to build body muscles and strength. When lifting weight, you need weight plates of different weights. This way, you can find a perfect weight plate for every exercise. However, these plates need proper care and storage. Storing them anywhere on the floor can lead to floor damage. This also makes it difficult to find the plates when you need them. You can solve all these by getting the best weight plate racks. These are specially designed racks that safely hold your weight plates in an organized manner.
Choosing the right size weight plate rack can be challenging due to the numerous brands. You need to select a weight plate rack with sturdy construction and excellent weight capacity. Take a look at your needs and floor space and choose accordingly. We’ve done that hard part of the research and narrowed down your search to 10 best weight plate racks. Continue reading below as you choose one weight plate rack that best matches your needs.
- Table of the Best Weight Plate Racks Reviews
- 10. Day 1 Fitness Weight Plate Rack
- 9. YAHEETECH Vertical Weight plate Rack
- 8. Cap Barbell RK-CS119B -BK Weight Plate Rack
- 7. Marcy DBR-0117 Weight Plate Rack
- 6. CAP Barbell Tree Storage Rack
- 5. Titan Fitness Weight Plate Racks
- 4. York Barbell 69036 Weight Plate Rack
- 3. CAP Barbell RK-1BB Weight Plate Rack
- 2. YAHEETECH Horizontal Weight Plate Rack
- 1. CAP Barbell RK-2A Weight Plate Rack
- Final Verdict
Table of the Best Weight Plate Racks Reviews
10. Day 1 Fitness Weight Plate Rack
Day 1 offers you ample space to store your weights. For starters, the unit has six pegs. These allow you to store your 2″ Olympic weights neatly. Similarly, it has two bar holders on its base. For this reason, you can neatly store your barbells, keeping them off the ground. The rubber feet ensure your floor remains without scratches. Notably, the pegs have a smooth surface. As a result, you’ll comfortably remove your weights whenever you need to exercise. And, the balance is symmetrical both in look and weight distribution. Thus, your rack won’t topple and destroy your floor. Lastly, the compact unit is space-saving.
- Powder-coating for scratch resistance
- Numerous pegs for storage
- Rubber feet for floor protection
- Compact design to save space
9. YAHEETECH Vertical Weight plate Rack
YAHEETECH is a sturdy rack perfect for heavy-duty. Worth noting, it crafts from a thick iron plate. Hence, it has a high load capacity of up to 400 kgs. And, the sturdy metallic surface with painting ensures there’s longevity. The bullet feet ensure that your floor remains as smooth as possible. Another point, the unit has a vertical design. Simultaneously, it’s compact measuring only 24″ by 27″ by 54.3″. Because of these reasons, it will save space and provide you more room for exercise. Lastly, the unit features six pegs for 2″ weights and two base bar holders for barbells.
- Vertical design to save space
- Rubber feet for floor protection
- Numerous pegs for adequate storage
- Thick metal construction for heavy-duty
8. Cap Barbell RK-CS119B -BK Weight Plate Rack
Cap Barbell comes in a variety of colors allowing you to customize your gym according to your décor. Very importantly, the unit crafts from industrial-grade steel. Consequently, it lasts for long and can support heavy weights. In fact, the rack can hold up to 300 pounds. The powder coating on its surface, coupled with painting, ensures longevity. What’s more, the unit has a broad base than most plate racks. And, the horizontal bar tilts at an angle. Because of this, there’s added stability to protect users and the floor. The rack features five pegs providing ample space to store your 2” weights.
- Industrial-grade steel construction for heavy-duty
- Powder coating for chip resistance
- Compact design to save space
- Adequate room for storage
7. Marcy DBR-0117 Weight Plate Rack
With DBR-0117, you’ll enjoy adequate room for storage. The unit features a three-tier design to store a variety of work out tools. For instance, the top compartment is whole for the storage of kettlebells. On the other hand, the second and third compartments are ideal for dumbbell storage. The four posts jutting from the ends are suitable for 2″ weights. Something more amazing is the four base plastic caps. In light of these, your gym will look classy at all times as they protect the floor. The unit has a hammerstone finish with a premium coating. Likewise, it crafts from quality steel. So, it’s durable.
- Rectangular design to hold various workout tools
- Rubber caps for floor protection
- Hammerstone finish for longevity
- 3-tier design for ample storage
6. CAP Barbell Tree Storage Rack
The most exciting thing about this unit is the heavy-duty design. To state, it crafts from durable steel with a black powder coating. In effect, the rack can support up to an incredible 500 pounds. What’s more, it has thick plastic caps at its base. These ensure your floor is free from scratches at all times. Protection features also extend to users. The triangular design immensely lowers the center of gravity. Additionally, the pegs slant upwards. For these reasons, the rack eliminates any danger to you, resulting from toppling. The unit has seven pegs ideal for storage of numerous 1” weights.
- Plastic plates for floor protection
- Numerous pegs for more storage
- Crafts from steel for heavy-duty
- Quality construction for longevity
5. Titan Fitness Weight Plate Racks
You will never get into risk with the Titan fitness. Interestingly, the unit features a broad base for the immense lowering of the center of gravity. At no point will the unit accidentally topple to injure you unless by deliberate action. Also, the base plastic caps protect your floor, keeping it free of scratches and stylish. Noteworthily, the unit has a sturdy steel construction. Due to this, the heavy-duty unit can hold up to an incredible 1000 pounds. Concurrently, the unit has six pegs for adequate storage of 2″ Olympic weights. The two base holders are ideal for your barbells. To conclude, the compact design ensures you save sufficient space.
- Base holders for barbells
- Numerous pegs for 2” weights
- Plastic caps for floor protection
- Wide base for stability
4. York Barbell 69036 Weight Plate Rack
Similar to the CAP Barbell RK-CS119B -BK, this unit features a triangular design. Courtesy of the same, the unit has a lower center of gravity. Correspondingly, it features a broad base. These features allow the unit to have high stability, ensuring you are safe always. Next, the unit has a compact design of 29″ by 20″ by 36″. Consequently, it minimizes space usage, giving you more room for gym practice. The thick plastic base caps offer protection to your floor. Thus, it deters scratching and pot-holes. Equally important, the unit features seven pegs. These offer enough space for your Olympic weights.
- Triangular shape for more stability
- Thick plastic base plates for floor protection
- Numerous pegs for many weights
- Compact design for minimal space usage
3. CAP Barbell RK-1BB Weight Plate Rack
RK-1BB is a sturdy unit that can hold up to 300 pounds. The unit crafts from high-quality steel with a powder coating. As of consequence, it can withstand heavy use, proving it has durability. Quite importantly, the unit has a triangular design with upward slanting pegs. More still, it has a broad base. For these reasons, you face no risk of a weight falling on you or destroying your floor. In detail, the triangular design and broad base lower the center of gravity. In effect, the chances of toppling are significantly low. The unit has five pegs. Together with the slanting design, they allow you to store more weights.
- Steel construction for heavy-duty
- Broad base to offer stability
- Upward-slanting pegs for safety
- Powder coating for longevity
2. YAHEETECH Horizontal Weight Plate Rack
Unlike most racks, this unit quickly moves from one point to the next. As a matter of fact, it features two sturdy wheels and an ergonomic handle. What’s more, the handle is sweat-resistant. So, it won’t slide and gives a firm grip at all times. Next, the steel frames also feature a powder coating. You’ll use the unit years upon years. Due to the sturdy construction, the unit can hold up to a maximum of 300 pounds. Additionally, the unit features four spacious slots ideal for bumper weights. The two bar holders on one end of the rectangular unit are perfect for barbells.
- Wheels for portability
- Ergonomic handle to ease movement
- Steel construction and Powder coating for longevity
- Numerous slots for bumper weight plates
1. CAP Barbell RK-2A Weight Plate Rack
The heavy-duty RK-2A can hold up to 500 pounds. Notably, the unit has a broad base to lower the COG, ensuring stability. In like fashion, it has a triangular shape to minimize the chances of toppling. Therefore, the likelihood that it’ll injure you is low. What’s more, the side pegs slant upwards. Because of this, you can store more pegs, and they won’t fall. The plastic caps ensure your floor remains scratch-free and without pot-holes. Functionality isn’t the only advantage of RK-2A. Equally vital, it crafts from steel with a powder coat finish. In light of these, it’s weather-resistant, thus durable.
- Triangular shape for stability
- Broad base to lower COG
- Upward-slanting pegs for safety
- Powder coat finish for longevity
In conclusion, these are the best weight plate racks on the market to consider buying. They are premium quality racks that allow for excellent weight plate storage. They are pretty solid weight plate racks with sturdy steel frame construction. The racks are ideal for safe and neat organization of your weight plates. Make sure you order one rack today and keep your gym neat and clean.