We go a long way to ensure we are comfortable. Our air conditioning units offer us cool and ideal conditions. Unfortunately, the ozone layer is in a constant state of depletion. The government hence has set restrictions on the use of greenhouse gases. Furthermore, it’s a requirement that one should recover CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, among others. Hence you need a quality refrigerant recovery machines unit to do the job efficiently.
When getting a refrigerant recovery unit, take into consideration the recovery rate. A high recovery rate saves your time. Also, the type of refrigerant a unit can recover matters. Not to mention, refrigerant recovery units recover different forms of refrigerants. A common mistake people make is failing to check the portability of a unit. Our review outlines the ten best refrigerant recovery units. Follow through to enlighten yourself better on the subject.
- Table of the Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines Reviews
- 10. Robinair RG3 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- 9. Robinair RG6 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- 8. Inficon Refrigerant Recovery Machines
- 7. Mastercool 69100 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- 6. AppionG5TWIN Refrigerant recovery Unit
- 5. CPS Pro-Set TRS600 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
- 4. Fieldpiece MR45 Refrigerant Recovery Machines
- 3. CPS Pro-Set Refrigerant Recovery Machines
- 2. Robinair Refrigerant Recovery Machines
- 1. Yellow Jacket Refrigerant Recovery Machines
- Final Verdict
Table of the Best Refrigerant Recovery Machines Reviews
10. Robinair RG3 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
Most importantly, RG3 features a high-pressure shut-off for safety. In detail, when the pressure in the cylinder rises above 550 PSI, it’ll automatically go off. Equally, the unit can handle most refrigerants, including R410A. As a result, it’s ideal for just about any given place. With a weight of just 22.2 pounds, the unit is easy to transport from one point to another. Interestingly, the unit recovers refrigerants both in liquid and vapor form. Hence, it’s highly efficient in pollution prevention. The unit has a high cross-flow design with a condenser and fan. This design ensures shorter cycles for high efficiency.
- Light for portability
- Handles almost all refrigerants
- Recovers both liquid and vapor
- High-pressure automatic shut-off for safety
9. Robinair RG6 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
Nothing can escape the Robinair RG6. No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs or even R410A refrigerants can do so. Furthermore, the unit has a powerful ¾ HP, 115V AC, 60 HZ compressor. Henceforth, it recovers not only liquid but also vapor refrigerants. The twin design compressor requires no oiling. It’s thus cost-effective. Notably, this compressor and the fan are oversize. For this reason, there’s fast cooling of the unit. And, the shorter cycles provide efficient operation. The unit features an automatic pressure shut-off. So, should the pressure rise above 550 PSI, you are safe. The unit has an ergonomic handle for easy handling.
- Twin-cylinder design for high efficiency
- Handles almost all refrigerants
- Powerful compressor to recover liquid and vapor
- Oversize condenser and fan for maximum cooling
8. Inficon Refrigerant Recovery Machines
The 714-202-GI is one of the most comfortable refrigerant recovery units to use. Firstly, it features large gauges to ensure you can easily read. Secondly, it has two valves and a self-purge design. So, you will save time while realizing swift recovery. Durability isn’t left out either. To enumerate, it has a case with blow molding and metallic knobs. Moreover, the unit has a powerful 1 HP dual piston motor. Thus, the rate of refrigerant recovery is swift. The machine can recover a wide range of refrigerants, including R410A. Lastly, the device has a microchannel condenser. So, it ensures the unit stays cool for efficiency.
- Self-purge and double-valve design for easy use
- Metallic knobs for longevity
- Case with blow molding for heavy-duty
- Large gauges for easy reading
7. Mastercool 69100 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
Aside from swift and powerful recovery, the 69100 is a durable unit. For starters, it has an automatic high-pressure cut-off system. Should the pressure rise to dangerous levels, you are safe. Additionally, the efficient ½ HP compressor requires no oiling. So, you will save on the amount of money. The hard-plastic outer casing protects inner components for longevity. What’s more, the machine features a massive fan. In light of this, your unit remains cool at all times. The unit recovers vapor as swiftly as 0.44 pounds per minute. On the other hand, it recovers liquid at 2.62 pounds per minute, so it’s time-saving.
- Fan for easy cooling
- Oil-free condenser to minimize cost
- Automatic high-pressure safety cut-off
- Hard plastic casing for longevity
6. AppionG5TWIN Refrigerant recovery Unit
This machine is an ideal unit for commercial and industrial settings. Worth noting, the unit can handle all common types of refrigerants. Interestingly, it even recovers R410A, R-134A, R-22, and R-407C. Hence, it’s a highly efficient unit. The unit handles both liquid and vapor types of refrigerants. The exemplary operation is courtesy of the powerful twin-cylinder compressor. Further, the unit only weighs 24 pounds and has a compact design. You can thus easily carry it from one place to the next, depending on your recovery needs. The automatic-pressure cut-off kicks in if the pressure rises above 550 PSI. So, your safety is a guarantee.
- Twin-cylinder design for high efficiency
- Compact and light for portability
- Handles all common refrigerants
- Liquid and vapor recovery
5. CPS Pro-Set TRS600 Refrigerant Recovery Machine
Besides the many benefits of TRS600, you don’t need to maintain the unit. Noteworthily, it has an oil-free compressor hence saving your cost. To elaborate, it features bearings that have long-term lubrication. Next, the unit only weighs 28 pounds. You can easily carry it as a result. With a powerful 115V 60HZ motor, you’ll enjoy swift time-saving recovery rates. Quite importantly, the unit has an ignition-proof power switch. Your safety is, in effect, a top priority. Also, the automatic shut-off comes into play if pressure rises to 550 PSI. Finally, it can handle a wide range of refrigerants. It’s hence ideal for small and large scale operations alike.
- Oil-free to save cost
- Light and compact design
- Powerful motor for a swift recovery
- Ignition-proof power switch for safety
4. Fieldpiece MR45 Refrigerant Recovery Machines
MR45 can handle fast recovery because of the powerful motor. Notably, the motor has double the HP of most recovery units at 1 Hp. As of consequence, it allows for fast running speeds of 3300 RPM. With the double running speed, the rate of recovery is also quicker. Furthermore, the powerful twin-cylinder compressor is water-resistant. The unit hence can serve you for a long without lessening its recovery rate. Something also of essence is that you get to save your money. As a matter of fact, the compressor requires no form of lubricants whatsoever. To conclude, it has a ceramic cylinder to lessen the rate of friction and ensure longevity.
- Water-resistant compressor for longevity
- Ceramic cylinder for lesser friction
- Double HP motor for more recovery
- Oil-free compressor to save cost
3. CPS Pro-Set Refrigerant Recovery Machines
With preventive sealing of bearings, TR21 eliminates contamination of the refrigerant. The patent-pending cooling system ensures the unit is cool at all times for longevity. Likewise, it has a patent-pending head design to ensure high-quality performance. Interestingly, you will need little to no maintenance at all. The unit has an oil-free compressor hence cost-effective. What’s more, the unit crafts from aluminum and steel for longevity. Also, it has a better piston seal design than most. For this reason, there’s no leakage, and you’ll have deeper vacuums. The ergonomic handle and lightweight allow for easy handling.
- Piston seal design to minimize leakage
- Preventive sealing of bearings to deter contamination
- Patent-pending design for longevity and better operation
- Oil-less compressor for maintenance-free operation
2. Robinair Refrigerant Recovery Machines
With 3488NI, you’ll save a lot of time, given the numerous automatic functions. Vitally, the unit features automatic air purge. Hence, it eliminates system-damaging air hence ensuring longevity. The unit has an automatic refrigeration refill. In effect, it maintains your choice amount of refrigerant in an internal vessel. Plus, it alerts during change time. Uniquely, it features visual and audible alarms. So, you’ll have an awareness of refrigerant recovery completion or any arising issue. The display notifies you of the time to empty the container. Correspondingly, it indicates the amount of oil you need to replace. Something else, you decide the rate of unit charging.
- Display to show the oil amount
- Alarm to indicate recovery completion or a problem
- Automatic air purge to save time
- Automatic refrigeration refill for ease
1. Yellow Jacket Refrigerant Recovery Machines
This unit features a simple valve control. Due to this, you can swiftly change from liquid to vapor to purge. Furthermore, it only measures 15″ by 12″ by 21″ and weighs 28 pounds. The compact design and lightweight allow you to move about with it quickly. Likewise, the ergonomic handle eases carrying. The recovery machine features a ½ HP 115V motor. Thus, it can handle the recovery of most types of refrigerants. That also includes R-410A making this unit very efficient. And, the unit has a constant pressure regulator valve. Because of this, you’ll not need a technician to throttle the suction valve.
- Light for easy transportation
- Heavy-duty motor for swift operation
- Sturdy casing for longevity
- Ergonomic handle for portability
In summary, our ten best refrigerant recovery units are nothing if not perfection. You’ll get to minimize the amount of money you spend since they are maintenance-free. Most importantly, you’ll quickly recover both liquid and vapor refrigerants. That said, it’s time for you to take a pick among them.