There’s no amount of energy drinks that can compensate for the fatigue, pain, and wasted time resulting from traditional sanding. Therefore, you need to get yourself a belt sander if you are continually sanding surfaces. Belt sanders will sand wood surfaces, metal products such as knives, and even strip old paint. These units come in a variety of sizes. Some are so light and easy to work with. On the other side, those used in industries are much more massive.
Belt sanders have differing working speeds and varied ranges of these speeds. The angle their belt can tilt through if any, plus the belt dimensions vary. While some of them operate silently, others are noisy hence should not get used in places where concentration is critical. Sorting through the many belt sanders out there today can prove tiresome. That is why we present you with the ten best belt sanders to save your time.
- Table of the Best Belt Sanders Reviews
- 10. Astrol Tools 3037 Air Belt Sander
- 9. WEN 6502T Belt Sander
- 8. Makita 9403 Belt Sander
- 7. WEN 6321 Belt Sander
- 6. Makita 9903 Belt Sander
- 5. WEN 6307 Belt Sander
- 4. SKIL 7510-01 Belt Sander
- 3. JET J-41002 Belt Sander
- 2. EX ELECTRONICS EXPRESS Belt Sander
- 1. BUCKTOOL BD4801 Belt Sander
- Final Verdict
Table of the Best Belt Sanders Reviews
10. Astrol Tools 3037 Air Belt Sander
Compatible with just about every belt measuring 0.5” by 18”, the Astrol Tools 3037 Air Belt Sander is so versatile. Simultaneously, this device offers rapid adjustments to save your time. It features automatic arm latching during belt changing. Also, automatic tensions get realized though lever release pressing. Wow! You can work at the appropriate task for your given task. RPM adjustment on its rear allows you to change the speed up to a maximum speed of 16,000RPM. Plus, its arm easily adjusts through 360 degrees by turning the Allen bolt with an included wrench.
- Increased new pulley space to accommodate thicker belts
- Variable working speed for flexibility
- Easily adjustable arm offers great access
- Fits numerous belt brands hence versatile
9. WEN 6502T Belt Sander
After a successful day at the workshop, you certainly desire minimal to no cleaning so that you go and relax as fast as possible. The WEN 6502T will help you save immense time. Firstly, it features a dust collection port where you can attach a dust collector and minimize debris and sawdust clean-up. Secondly, it features a powerful 4.3-ampere ½ HP motor. Consequently, your unit will function flawlessly, even on large loads. Its belt quickly changes from zero to 90 degrees. Next, it features a 4″ by 36″ belt whose changing is a walk in the park. Lastly, its cast-iron base deters vibrations.
- Sturdy base for stability
- Tension release lever for swift changes
- Powerful motor that is excellent for heavy-duty
- Dust collection port for attachment to dust collectors
8. Makita 9403 Belt Sander
Working at just 84 decibels, the Makita 9403 Belt Sander is the quietest of its kind. Its 4″ by 24″ belt runs at a swift speed of 1,640′ per minute. Thus, materials get quickly removed, and you finish your work as fast as possible. Concurrently, it has a variable speed control dial. As a result, you can tune the device to work just at the right speed for your job. What’s more, it features labyrinth construction. This construction ensures its ball bearings and motor get protected for longevity. Finally, its massive front grip ensures that you have comfort as you work.
- Silent operation for convenience
- Fast material removal to save time
- Large front grip ensures comfort
- Labyrinth construction for protection of the motor and bearings.
7. WEN 6321 Belt Sander
The WEN 6321 Belt Sander is a huge time saver. With a heavy-duty seven ampere motor, its 3″ by 21″ belt can run as fast as 13 feet per second. Notably, its compact design allows you to grip it and work for long without tiring quickly. There is no need for tedious clean-up of dirt once you finish working. It features a dust bag that is so easy to detach. Equally important, it features a lock-in safety feature. For this reason, the unit can continue sanding without you having to grip it. So, it saves both your time and energy.
- Swift speed for fast material removal
- Removable dust bag to ensure cleanliness
- Lock-in safety feature for continuous non-grip sanding
- Compact design for secure handling
6. Makita 9903 Belt Sander
Save quite a number of dollars by picking this model instead of the Makita 9403 if you are a fan of the Makita Belt Sanders. For starters, this unit features a variable control dial. Thus, you can set the 3″ by 21″ belt to run from as low as 690′ to as fast as 1,440’. Resultantly, it’s perfect on numerous applications. Worth noting, it has a front grip to give users an easy time and prevent them from tiring quickly. Save the time you use to clean your workshop by attaching a dust bag to this unit.
- Easily detachable dust bag to save on cleaning time
- Variable speed dial for use on different applications
- Easy automatic belt tracking minus adjustments
- The front grip ensures user comfort.
5. WEN 6307 Belt Sander
Are you digging for the WEN Belt Sanders, but think the prices of those previously stated in our review is quite high? Well, here is the model that will accomplish your sanding needs yet still consider your pocket. It features a dust port that will help you save the time to clean-up after the operation. Its 0.5″ by 18″ belt easily adjusts through 55 degrees. In light of this flexibility, you can correctly carry out any given project. Also, it contains a variable speed dial that lets the belt move with speeds ranging from 1080 to 1800 feet per minute.
- Variable speed dial for flexibility
- Fast speed for swift material removal
- Adjustable belt to suit any project
- Dust port for attaching the dust bag
4. SKIL 7510-01 Belt Sander
With powerful quality features, this unit is yet the best belt sander so far. It features a colorless canister that collects dust particles. Due to this, you won’t have to check the canister to remove dirt and waste your time. Additionally, it has micro-filtration. This filtering ensures even the tiniest of dirt particles get removed for long-term operation. Its pressure control technology will help you decipher the sound pressure to apply on a surface for optimal results. Equally important, it has an auto-track mechanism. Consequently, its 3” by 18” belt stays in position at all times.
- Pressure control technology for optimal operation
- Dust canister to minimize clean up time
- Micro-filtration for efficient dust removal
- Auto track system for proper belt positioning at all times
3. JET J-41002 Belt Sander
With artistry seeing products take on pretty yet the oddest shapes, you may find it challenging to work on some of them. However, the JET J-41002 Belt Sander features a removable platen that allows you to sand, grind, and finish curves and other odd shapes. Its deluxe miter gauge can turn and lock for common angles, 45 degrees right and left. Furthermore, it accommodates a 2″ by 42″ belt to do the work done by a jigsaw, hand file, and coping saw. Simultaneously, it efficiently finishes surfaces. Lastly, it works quickly yet efficiently to save time.
- Compact design permits users to work in tight spaces
- Fast operation saves time immensely
- Heavy-duty steel base for stability
- A Detachable platen for working on odd shapes
2. EX ELECTRONICS EXPRESS Belt Sander
This excellent unit works at 120V supply. So, it’s energy-efficient hence helping you save on money used for energy. It features a powerful 1/3 HP 3 ampere motor. For this reason, it can run as fast as 3400 revolutions per minute. Hence, it functions quickly to ensure fast material removal, thus time-saving. It favors tilting through zero to 45 degrees to allow you to handle just about any given task. It measures 1 inch by 30 inches. Plus, it weighs only 1.11 pounds. As a result, it’s easily portable, and you won’t get tired while working with it. Its sturdy base and feet minimize vibrations.
- Powerful motor for heavy-duty
- A fast operation for faster material removal to save time
- Easy to operate
- Crafts from quality material
1. BUCKTOOL BD4801 Belt Sander
With a sturdy aluminum base and rubbered feet, the BUCKTOOL BD4801 operates smoothly. This smooth working is courtesy of the immense reduction of vibrations as you work. Its dust port allows for the easy collection of waste in a dust bag to minimize later clean-up. Its belt can tilt through zero to 90 degrees allowing you to work on numerous projects efficiently. Its ¾ HP motor offers enough power to conduct both small and massive sanding projects. To conclude, the unit requires no maintenance, and a damaged belt is easily replaceable.
- Sanding belt and disc get directly driven by a motor for enhanced efficiency
- Belt operational through a massive degree range for versatility
- Sturdy base and aluminum feet to prevent vibration
- Powerful motor for tough work
Given just how efficient our ten best belt sanders are, you have all you require for quality sanding, grinding, and finishing. Which sander among them meets all your needs? Which did you find most appealing? It’s up to you to make a decision.