Leaving your pool looking clean and spotless is never easy without a quality pool cleaner. In the past, people have relied on manual pool cleaners. However, that has greatly changed with technological advancements. The development of automatic pool cleaners means one can clean their pools in a fraction of the time. However, choosing the best pool cleaner is not that easy. This is because of the wide array of automatic pool cleaners. Different pools also have different needs hence the need to choose carefully.
Luckily for you, you’re at the right place to find the best automatic pool cleaners. Get to understand what your pool requires and choose a matching model. How many obstacles are there in the pool to get in the way of the cleaner? In addition, consider the various automatic pool cleaner features before making a choice on one. In our reviews below, we narrow down your search to only 10 leading automatic pool cleaners. Check them out and choose one that best suits your needs.
- Table of the Best Automatic Pool Cleaners Reviews
- 10. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robot Pool Cleaner
- 9. Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
- 8. Hayward RC9950 TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
- 7. Hayward 925ADC Navigator Pro Suction Pool Vacuum
- 6. Solar Breeze – Automatic Pool Cleaner NX2 Cleaning
- 5. Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 4. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
- 3. Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 2. Hayward RC9740WCCUB SharkVac Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 1. POOL ROVER S2 40,
- Final verdict
Table of the Best Automatic Pool Cleaners Reviews
10. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robot Pool Cleaner
This is a convenient automatic pool cleaner for easy cleaning. The cleaner lets you schedule and programs the cleaning. You can set it on a daily basis, after two days or every 3rd day to match your needs. It is a powerful cleaner with dual scrubbing brushes that remove debris and dirt on the walls and floors of the pool. In addition, the cleaner features a large load top that traps debris and dirt. Overall, this is a smart and efficient pool cleaner with a patented tangle-free swivel cable. The cleaner is also easy to use with a single button press. This cleaner is a perfect fit for swimming pools upto50 feet deep. It is also backed by two and a half years’ warranty.
- Easy to clean due to convenient scheduling
- Powerful dual scrubbing to remove tough dirt and debris
- Smart and efficient algorithms hence complete pool cleaner
- Easy to use due to a single button operation
9. Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner
This is an innovative low-profile design suction pool cleaner to consider buying. It is a perfect cleaner for pools with 2 speed or variable speed pumps. The cleaner features cyclonic suction to deliver a powerful vacuuming of the pool walls and floors. In addition, it features an articulating turbine blade to support excellent wall climbing. It is an excellent pool cleaner with a swivel hose for easy connect and assembly. The pool cleaner also comes with everything you need to assemble for immediate use.
- Easy and quick assembly
- Powerful vacuuming due to cyclonic suction
- Low-profile design suitable for pools with variable speed pumps
- Quick connect due to swivel hoses
8. Hayward RC9950 TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
This is another excellent robotic pool cleaner to consider buying. It is a powerful vacuum cleaner to scour pool floors are leave them looking sparkling clean. The vacuum cleaner and scrubs the walls, waterline, and coves in a short three hours or less. In addition, this cleaner runs separately from the filtration system to reduce backwash filter cycles. Overall, this cleaner is quite easy to use without any extra pumps, hookups or hoses. There is a further unique cartridge system that makes emptying a lot easier. Lastly, the cleaner features a 24V built-in motor that consumes less energy.
- Energy-efficient due to a 24V built-in motor
- Reduces filter backwash cycles as it runs separately from the pool’s filtration
- Easy to use without extra hookups, pumps, and hoses
- Easy emptying due to a unique cartridge system
This is a reliable automatic pool cleaner with excellent suction technology. The cleaner has been in the industry for over 30 years serving people well. It is an advanced cleaner with SmartDrive steering to cover the entire pool. Moreover, the cleaner features enhanced suction power for better debris collection. The cleaner is also pretty easy to use and assembles in a mere 10 minutes or less. The cleaner also features wall-climbing capabilities. This ensures it covers the different shapes and surfaces of the pool. Lastly, the cleaner operates silently without those annoying hose noises.
- Silent operation without noisy parts
- Unmatched pool coverage due to the SmartDrive technology
- Faster and efficient debris collection due to enhanced suction
- Easy to use and connect
- Excellent pool coverage due to wall climbing capabilities
6. Solar Breeze – Automatic Pool Cleaner NX2 Cleaning
This is another efficient design pool cleaner capable of removing up to 90-95% of the debris. It is an automatic pool cleaner that reduces dust, leaves, bacteria and pollen materials. The cleaner is solar-powered hence energy efficient. The cleaner can deliver up to 23.5 maximum running times. This is an advanced pool cleaner with increased collection capacity. It is a top-quality cleaner with a chemical dispenser tray to accommodate two 3-inch trichlor tablets. It is an excellent design cleaner that navigates the entire swimming pool for efficient cleaning.
- Handles most pool dirt and debris
- Easy to navigate the entire pool area
- Solar-powered and long-lasting hence energy efficient
- Clears up to 95% debris
5. Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin is another simple plug and plays an automatic pool cleaner to consider buying. This is a perfect cleaner for in-ground pool with a maximum depth of 50 feet. The pool cleaner features a simple button operation hence pretty easy to use. Besides, the cleaner comes with a manufacturer’s assurance. In addition, this cleaner features a CleverClean technology to scan your pool using advanced algorithms. There are no random patterns when using this cleaner. It covers the entire pool on both walls and the floor. Overall, this is a hassle-free robotic pool cleaner with an anti-tangling swivel cable.
- Easy to use without pumps and hoses
- Covers entire floor and walls due to a CleverClean technology
- Easy to use with a simple plug and play
- Powerful cleaning due to dual brushing
4. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Robotic Pool Vacuum
This is another fast and efficient pool cleaner with a 90-minute cleaning cycle. It is an excellent cleaner for in-ground pools in the range of 20-40 feet deep. The cleaner runs separately from the pool’s filtration system thus reduce filter backwash cycles. It is a simple cleaner that runs without hoses or pumps. In addition, this cleaner comes with a unique cartridge system to make emptying a lot easier. You only need to open the cleaner, remove the cartridge and rinse. Overall, this is a powerful and reliable pool cleaner with an efficient 24-volt motor. It is an energy-efficient cleaner that consumes less power.
- Energy-efficient due to a 24-volt motor
- Reduces filter backwash cycles since it runs separately from the pool’s filtration
- Easy emptying due to a unique cartridge system
- Standard 3-hour complete cleaning
3. Aquabot APRVJR Pool Rover Junior Robotic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner
The Aquabot is another decent quality pool cleaner with a 40 feet floating cable. It is a quality cleaner with a power supply transformer and a 2-micron fine reusable filter. This is an automatic pool cleaner that cleans rectangular or oval pools in one hour or less. It is a simple cleaner than runs on the 24-volt motor for energy efficiency. In addition, the cleaner features pretty wide non-marring wheels for easy maneuvering. It can glide over any surface cleaning the pool’s walls and floor. There is a further 2-hour automatic shut off timer to reduce energy costs, water, and chemical usage.
- 2-hour automatic shut off timer
- Energy-efficient due to a 24-volt motor
- Large and wide non-marring wheels hence easy to maneuver
- Patented E-Z swivel tangle-free cable
2. Hayward RC9740WCCUB SharkVac Robotic Pool Cleaner
This Hayward is an advanced automatic pool cleaner with smart steering technology. The cleaner delivers an efficient cleaning pattern. It scours the pool’s floor, waterline, walls, and coves with ease. In addition, this cleaner runs separately from the pool’s filtration system. This helps reduce backwash filtration cycles. It is a quality pool cleaner without any extra hoses, pumps, and hookups required to operate. The cleaner also features a top-access filter to ensure easy removal of debris. Overall, this is a long-lasting pool cleaner with sensors out of the water for extended use.
- Extended cleaner lifespan with sensors out of the water
- Reduces frequency of backwash filter cycles as it runs separately from the pool
- Efficient cleaning pattern due to smart steering technology
- Quick and easy debris removal due to top- cartridge filter access
1. POOL ROVER S2 40,
This is our final best pool cleaner and an efficient choice to consider buying. It is a versatile pool cleaner that handles pools of all surfaces and shapes. It is a perfect cleaner for 40 feet above-ground pools. This is an efficient cleaner that scours the floors, walls, coves and the waterline. It also features a top-access to the filter media for easy debris removal. In addition, this cleaner comes with a swivel cable and a free 40 feet kink. Lastly, the sleek pool cleaner allows the pool cleaner to maneuver around the pool with ease.
- Easy maneuver due to a sleek slim design
- Quick and easy debris removal
- EZ swivel cable
- Versatile and works on all pool shapes and surfaces
In conclusion, these are the best robotic vacuum cleaners on the market to consider buying. The cleaners are highly rated and ensure fast and efficient pool cleaning. They work pretty fast and consume little energy. Make sure you check them out and select one that best suits your pool’s cleaning needs.